About the Journal
Data and Metadata is an interdisciplinary journal on the areas of Decision Sciences, Health Science and Computer Science that focuses on the management, analysis, and application of data and metadata. The journal's focus is on research and development of methodologies and techniques that enable the extraction of valuable information and decision making based on data. Additionally, the journal seeks to promote the use of bibliometrics for the analysis of scientific and academic production.
The Data and Metadata journal publishes original papers, reviews and other types of contributions that address a wide variety of topics related to data and metadata. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Data science, including data mining, big data analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- Data-driven decision making, including real-time decision making, data visualization, and ethical decision making based on data.
- Methodologies and techniques for data management and analysis, including data cleaning and preprocessing, data integration, and data modeling.
- Metadata and its management, including metadata standardization, interoperability, and preservation.
- Biological data.
- Bibliometrics and analysis of scientific and academic production, including evaluation of research quality and relevance, identification of trends, and measurement of research impact.
Data and Metadata journal is aimed at researchers, developers, professionals, and students interested in the management, analysis, and application of data and metadata. The journal provides a space for discussion and exchange of ideas in a field that is constantly evolving and with an increasing impact on society.
Visibility and Open Access:
The journal follows an open access model, which maximizes the visibility of published articles.
Frequency of publication:
The journal follows a continuous publication model, where articles after acceptance are typeset and published in a single volume per year. Therefore, the call for submissions is permanently open.
Speed of publication:
The journal manages the following times of the editorial process: 5 days for the first response from the section editor or pass to peer review; 30 to 45 days responses from the editor on the observations of peer reviewers; 5 to 7 days in layout, metadata uploading and publication on the journal's site.
The editorial team combines rigorous peer review with the efficient timing of the editorial process, which is done exclusively in electronic format.
Promotion and dissemination strategy:
The journal develops a strategy to promote and position published articles on social networks and web platforms, which contributes to increase exposure and access to the articles.